Bad Breath Home Remedies - Ah chronic bad breath can give such a negative effect to one's confidence and self esteem that you're conscious everytime you try to talk to someone else.
There are but a variety of causes of bad breath, some by bacterial accumulation on your mouth, and some by illnesses.
Everyone experiences bad breath once in awhile but there are people who suffer from chronic bad breath and it gives them such a headache, luckily there are a bunch of bad breath home remedies that you can try should you suffer from chronic case.
The best bad breath home remedy that we can recommend is making good oral hygiene a habit, most causes of bad breath have to do with one's hygiene so take brushing and flossing seriously and you have an inevitable cure for bad breath.
Come to think of it, bad breath in kids is rampant, this is because most kids aren't that conscious with their oral hygiene so it pays to be vain when it comes to one's oral health.
Causes of Bad Breath
The following are the most common causes of bad breath...
- Food and Drinks - almost everything we eat or drink can make our mouth smell less pleasant.
- Bacterial build-up in the mouth, especially the surface of our tongue, other areas are the gum lining and in-between teeth.
- More serious causes of bad breath are health related, dental and non-dental related. Dental and oral problems like gum diseases, tooth decay, and throat infections are possible culprit. There are more serious health related causes of bad breath but other symptoms may be noticed as well.
- Smoking causes bad breath.
- Zinc deficiency.
- Antihistamines and other drugs.
Bad Breath Home Remedies
Here are some bad breath home remedies to help you control and cure bad breath.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly, if possible, bush every after meal and use non-alcohol base mouthwash. Also make sure to clean your tongue everytime you brush. Tongue cleaners are available on local groceries.
- Chew mint leaves - mint leaves are a simple bad breath home remedies.
- Hot cup of unsweetened tea is known to cure bad breath. Make it a habit throughout your day. If you could get a hold of tea made from Fenugreek (methi) seeds, the better.
- Avoid eating/drinking the following: garlic, onion, cheese, coffee, alcoholic beverages, and anything that dries your mouth.
- Gargle with baking soda if mouthwash is unavailable. Gargling with hydrogen peroxyde before brushing is also an option for mouth rinsing.
- An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, it's also a good way of purifying your mouth.
- Apple Cider vinegar. Dilute half teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water and gargle for at least 10 seconds.
- Tea Trea Oil can also be added on your toothpaste when brushing or used as a mouthwash alternative. Just add three drops of tea tree oil in a cup of hot water and gargle from two to three times a day.
- If you're suffering from dry mouth which results to bad breath, eating fruits high in citric acid like orange, lemon or grapefruit can stimulate saliva and eliminate dryness which in turn cures bad breath.
- Chewing parsley relieves bad breath too, you can bring it along and chew every time you feel that you have bad breath. It's an effective, old home bad breath cure that's been long forgotten but if you have some on your kitchen, why not utilize them.
There are many more bad breath home remedies but you don't have to know them all, any one of the above can work for you. One important thing to remember is to maintain a good oral hygiene through regular brushing, flossing and rinsing with non-alcoholic mouthwash or baking soda (diluted in water).
From Bad Breath Home Remedies to Bad Breath From Stomach
Or back to Mexican Dental Vacation Home